Sunday, May 27, 2012

I Saw the Sign Again

I wrote this follow up article on the “waiting for a sign” topic as I believe that the first one was too short and too direct that it might have caused confusion and misinterpretation to some.

It doesn’t mean that I don’t believe in signs. Signs are important. These are indicators that tell us if something’s good or bad. I go to the doctor when there’s a sign of illness.  I do the same workout if there’s a sign that it’s doing well for my body.  I slow down when the traffic sign tells me to do so.

It’s not really the sign per se that I am against with but the “waiting” part. By waiting, it means putting things outside our control. And why wait for a sign if there were lots that preceded it.  Obviously, the needed signs were already there, hence you wouldn’t have been contemplating to do that decision. Besides, the sign being waited on will depend on personal interpretation according to the bias of that person.

So rather than wait, one must act but not carelessly. Calculate the risks and possibly mitigate them. Then decide.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...